- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Tuna - 1 kg
- Ginger crushed - 1/2 cup
- Garlic crushed - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil - As required
- Green Chilli - 5
- curry leaves - 2
- kashmir chili powder - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- mustard seed - 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek (uluva) roasted powder - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind (Puli) - little
- vinegar - 1 cup
Clean and cut Tuna into small chunks or cubes and marinate with turmeric powder and salt. keep this for 30 minutes.
Fry tuna pieces and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
Add curry leaves, green chilli and crushed ginger and garlic, saute well until oil get separated.
Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper and saute this again.
Add tamarind water (puli vellam) and vinegar and let it boil.
Add fried tuna and cook it for 2 minutes. add asafoetida (kaayam) powder and fenugreek (uluva) powder and turn off the stove.
Delicious Kerala style tuna pickle recipe, malayalam choora fish pickle recipeAdd to Favourites