- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Super Tasty Kerala Fish Curry Recipe
Traditional Kerala spicy and gravy style pomfret fish curry recipe made with Kodampuli (Malabar Tamarind).
- Pomfret fish - 500 gm
- Shallots - 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato - 2 nos (chopped)
- coconut oil - 10 table spoon
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili - 2 nos
- Garlic crushed - 1 table spoon
- curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Chili powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - As required
- Water - as required
- Kudambuli (Malabar Tamarind) - 2 piece
- Heat a pan and add 6 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds. After it splutters add chopped shallots and saute well for two minutes,
- add splitted green chili and crushed garlic and saute again
- Add one sprig of curry leaves and saute again.
- Add chili powder and turmeric powder into it and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt and cook in low flame for 2 minutes by closing the lid.
- Open the lid and pour little water and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add more water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add Kudambuli (Malabar Tamarind) and salt and cook until get boiled.
- Add cleaned fish pieces and bring to boil and simmer.
- Switch off the flame and pour the remaining coconut oil and 1 sprig of curry leaves on top and close the lid for 5 minutes
Delicious Kerala fish curry is now ready to serve!