Restaurant Style Mandi Rice with Smoking Flavour without tandoor or Kuzhi
Learn how to prepare the same flavour of restaurant style mandi rice at home without tandoor or Kuzhi. Less ingredients with the authentic Arabic smoking flavour.
- chicken - 1 Kg
- cumin seed - 1 table spoon
- cardamom - 12 nos
- pepper seed - 1 table spoon
- cloves - 12 nos
- Maggi chicken stock - 4 pieces
- Lemon juice - 1 table spoon
- Sunflower oil - 250 ml
- Green Chili - 6
- Red food colour - 1/4 tea spoon
- Yellow food colour - 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt - as required
- For Making Rice
- Basmati rice - 2 cup
- cardamom - 3
- cinnamon - 1 piece
- cloves - 3
- Sunflower oil - 1 table spoon
- Salt - As required
- Water - AS required
- For smoking
- Charcoal - 1 piece
- Oil - 1 tea spoon
- Cut the whole chicken into four pieces and poke some holes using a fork.
- Add chicken into a non stick cooking pot and marinate with cumin seed, cardamom, pepper seeds, cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice, sunflower oil, Maggi chicken stock and food colors.
- Close the lid and keep the chicken for 1 hour for marination
- Soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Add water into a pot and add salt and other spices into it when the water starts boiling
- Add drained rice and cook till till 75 to 80%
- Cook the marinated chicken for 5 minutes in high flame, stir often .
- Lower the flame.
- Transfer half of the rice (without water) and put 3 whole green chili.
- Add the remaining rice and put the remaining green chili
- Tightly close the lid (cover with Aluminium foil ) and keep it for 1 hour in low flame
- After 1 hour remove the lid
For Smoking flavour (Optional)
Put a small aluminium foil into the middle and add a burned piece of charcoal and pour some oil on it. Close the lid immediately and keep it for few minutes.
Mix the rice and chicken together, delicious Mandi rice is now ready to serve.