No onion chicken curry recipe | Chicken curry without onion Kerala style
No onion chicken curry recipe or Chicken curry without onion Kerala style. Easy and quick Kerala style chicken curry without onion and less ingredients. This delicious tomato chicken curry is ideal to serve with ghee rice, chapati or with pathiri.
- For Garam Masala
- Black pepper - 1/2 tea spoon
- Bay Leaf - 2 nos
- cloves - 6
- Cinnamon stick (Patta /karugapaata) - 2 small piece
- Dry red chillies - 4 nos
- For chicken
- Chicken - 1 kg
- red chili powder - 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- water - 2 cup
- salt - as required
- For making gravy
- Tomato - 2 nos
- Ginger - 1 table spoon (crushed)
- garlic - 1 table spoon (crushed)
- coconut oil - 4 table spoon
- Curry leaf - few
- Green Chili - 1
- curd - 1/4 cup
- For garnishing
- Coriander leaves - few
- Coconut oil - 1 table spoon
- Add black pepper, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and red chili into a grinder and make fine powder. and keep it aside.
- Add 2 cup of water into a pot and boil it.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt into this and mix well
- Add washed chicken pieces and cook for about 15 minutes in medium flame.
- Once the chicken cooked well, keep this aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add curry leaf, green chilli, ginger garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato, 1 table spoon garam masala and salt and cook in medium flame, add little water to cook the tomato
- Now add the cooked chicken along with gravy and mix well
- Lower the flame and add curd and mix well
- Switch off the flame and add some coconut oil and garnish with coriander leaves.