Kerala Wayanad Style Beef Varattiyathu
Learn How to make authentic Wayanad style Beef roast. One of the best Malabar food to try.
- Beef - 1 Kg
- Onion - 2 Large
- Garlic - 1
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Green chili - 2
- curry leaves - few
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coconut oil - 6 table spoon
- red chili powder - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- pepper powder - 1 tea spoon
- Salt - As required
- Watar - 1/2 cup
- Slice onion, crush ginger and garlic, cut and clean the beef.
- In a pressure cooker add beef, onion, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, curry leaves, fennel seeds, salt, sliced green chili and 2 table spoon of coconut oil. Mix well
- Add little water and mix again
- cook the beef until 5 to 6 whistles come.
- Heat 2 table spoon coconut oil in a bottom thick pot and transfer the cooked beef into this.
- Cook until the water absorbed (no need to close the lid)
- Add 2 table spoon of coconut oil and few curry leaves and close the lid for 2 minutes.
Serve with a piece fo lemon.