- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Kerala Pepper Chicken Curry
Treat your family with a delicious Kerala style Pepper chicken curry with Cashew nut paste. This Creamy, aromatic and thick gravy curry can be served with Chapati, Ghee rice or with Rotti.
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Onion - 3
- Garlic cloves - 15
- Ginger - 2 small piece
- pepper corns - 1 table spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cardamom - 4
- Green Chili - 1
- Curry leaves - few
- Tomato - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tea spoon
- pepper powder - 1 tea spoon
- Cashew nut - 15
- Coconut oil - 4 table spoon
- Salt - As required
- Soak the cashew nut for 15 minutes.
- Crush garlic, ginger, pepper corn, cardamom and fennel seed in a Mortars & Pestles.
- Heat a pan and add coconut oil and add the crushed items.
- Saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Add sliced onion, curry leaves, green chili and salt. Cook until the onion get soft and transparent.
- Add Garam masala, pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and saute again for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and cook until the tomato gets tender and juicy.
- Add chicken pieces into this and mix well and close the lid, cook for 10 to 15 minutes in low flame. Stir often
- Make a paste with soaked cashew nut and add into this.
- Stir well and switch off the flame.
Yummy pepper chicken curry is now ready to serve.