Egg Scrambled Oats Upma
A quick and healthy protein rich breakfast recipe with oats and scrambled eggs.
- Oats - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 small - Finely chopped
- Carrots - 1/4 cup - chopped
- Green beans - 1/4 cup - chopped
- mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon
- butter - 1 table spoon
- olive oil - 1 table spoon
- Egg - 2
- Salt - As required
- Curry leaves - Few
- pepper powder - 1 pinch
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Heat a pan and roast the oats until it get light golden color, stir frequently while roasting.
- Heat another pan and add olive oil and butter.
- Add mustard seed and pop it.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onion, carrot, green beans and salt. Stir well for 1 minuted (Tip: Don't overcook the vegetables)
- Add egg into this and stir well to get scrambled.
- Add the roasted oats into this and mix well. Add water and close the lid and cook it for about 5 minutes in low flame
- Add pepper powder on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
Healthy scrambled oats upma is ready to serve!