Kerala and Tamil Nadu style crab roast recipe. Learn how to make delicious and spicy Njandu roast or Nandu varuval
- Crab - 1 Kg
- Tomato - 2
- Onion - 3
- Shallots - 15 crushed
- Green Chilli - 2
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Garlic - 1
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tea spoon
- kashmiri Chili or red chili - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander powder - 2 tea spoon
- pepper powder - 1 table spoon
- Salt - as required
- Coconut oil / sunflower oil - as required
- Water - as required
- curry leaves - few
- Grind ginger, garlic, fennel seed and pepper powder in grinder or food processor along with some water.
- Heat coconut oil / oil in a pan and add ground paste into this and saute well.
- Add chopped onion, green chili and salt and saute again for about 3 minutes
- Add crushed shallots and saute will until the oil get separated
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala into this and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and close the lid then cook again for 3 minutes in low flame
- Add cleaned and cut crabs into this, mix well and cook for 5 minutes in low flame
- After 5 minutes add 1 glass of hot water and cook again for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Turn off the flame and add some coconut oil on top.
Yummy crab roast is now ready to serve.