Chicken Kabsa (Majboos)
Learn how to make authentic Arabian Chicken Kabsa or Majboos. Quick and easy way of making the famous middle eastern rice dish.
- chicken - 1 (Whole with skin)
- Basmati rice - 2 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Tomato ketchup - 1 table spoon
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 tea spoon
- Green Chilli - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Majboos Masala - 1 table spoon
- cumin seed - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black pepper - 1/2 tea spoon
- Maggi chicken stock - 1/2 piece
- cardamom - 6 nos
- Cinnamon stick (Patta /karugapaata) - 1 piece
- olive oil - 6 table spoon
- Water - 4 cup
- Salt - As required
- Dried Lemon - 2
- For frying Chicekn
- kashmir chili powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- olive oil - 1 table spoon
- Salt - As required
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tea spoon
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain.
- Cut chicken into 2 pieces or 4 pieces along with skin.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add onion, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli into it and saute well until the onion get transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin seed, majboos masala, cinnamon stick, cardamom, dried lemon and pepper seeds. Saute for two minutes in low flame.
- Add chicken and Magi chicken stock, close the lid and cook for another 3 more minutes in low flame.
- Open the lid and flip the chicken to another side and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt and cook the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and add rice into this and stir well. cook the rice in low flame, (Stir often) (Add little lemon juice for not to stick the rice together)
11. For Frying chicken:
1. Make paste with Kashmiri chili powder, olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
2. Brush the paste on top of the chicken skin.
3. Pre Heat the oven to 200°F (or fry the chicken in a pan in low flame)
4. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes (5 minutes for each side)
For Smoking flavour (Optional)
Place the chicken on the top of rice and put a small aluminium foil into the middle and add a burned piece of charcoal and pour some oil on it. Close the lid immediately and keep it for few minutes to get the authentic flavour of Arabic majboos (Kabsa)
Kabsa is now ready to serve.