Cashew nut Mutton Curry
Cashew nut Mutton curry is a tasty restaurant style curry with the rich flavor of cashew nuts. Good to serve with rice, chapati or with kuboos (Arabic bread)
- Mutton - 1/2 Kg
- Ginger - 1 table spoon (Crushed)
- garlic - 1 table spoon (Crushed)
- Green Chilli - 2 nos
- Onion - 3
- Tomato - 1
- Shallots - 10 nos (Crushed)
- pepper powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Fenugreek (uluva) powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 table spoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- kashmir chili powder - 1 table spoon
- Salt - As required
- Curry leaves - As required
- cashew nuts - 20 nos
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coconut oil / sunflower oil - 6 table spoon
- Coriander leaves - few
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Soak cashew nuts in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Add mutton and half quantity of crushed ginger and garlic. Add pepper, few curry leaves, salt and little water into a pressure cooker.
- Cook in low flame till the whistles blow 6 times.
- Heat oil in a pan and add remaining crushed ginger and garlic, green chili, curry leaves, onion, crushed shallots and salt, saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, kashmiri chili powder, fenugreek powder and coriander powder into this and saute again till the oil separates.
- Add tomato and saute again for another 3 minutes.
- Add cooked mutton, lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and half cup of water into this. Then close the lid and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Meanwhile grind the soaked cashew nut with little amount water and add this into the mutton curry. boil it for another 2 minutes.
Super yummy cashew nut mutton curry is now ready to serve.