Best Homemade Lentil Soup
Try our best ever homemade lentil soup recipe. Less ingredients and easy to make.
- Masoor dal (Lentil) - 1 cup
- Tomato - 1 small
- onion - 1 small
- Carrots - 1/2 cup
- Maggi chicken stock - 1 piece
- cumin powder - 1 tea spoon
- red chili powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- White pepper powder - 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 tea spoon
- chopped garlic - 1 table spoon
- butter - 2 table spoon
- water - 2 cup
- salt - as required
- For garnishing
- pepper powder - 2 pinch
- Lemon - 1 piece
- Soak lentil (dal) in water for 20 minutes.
- Cook drained lentil in a pot along with carrot and tomato (you can add sliced onion also if you want). Add salt when the lentil start boiling.
- Cook the lentil for 15 minutes and switch off the flame. Let the lentil become cool.
- Put the cooked lentil in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat butter in a pan and add finely chopped garlic and onion, saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, chili powder, white pepper powder and turmeric powder into this and saute again for another 1 minute.
- Transfer the blended lentil in to this and bring to boil.
- Filter the soup using a strainer to remove any bumps.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with black pepper powder and a piece of lemon.
Let the lentil become cool before transferring into the blender.
You can add turmeric powder while cooking the lentil to get more yellow color.